Suggestions

No politics or religion!
Adesazz
Name: Adesazz

Suggestions

Postby Adesazz » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:53 pm

Alright I'll make my own here.

*Community Calendar. Link on the frontpage, embedded in a post, list-style, whatever. I would be happy to create and/or maintain it, even with understanding how much coordination is involved. I've been on this old saw for years, but I think it's a natural way for NWARPG to contribute to the community.

*Boardgame forum (return of). Done, THANK YOU EMILY!

*Game store index and contact info (return of)

I'll post more as I think of them. Thanks all for bringing nwarpg.org back!
Last edited by Adesazz on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pikabuki
Name: Emily

Re: Suggestions

Postby Pikabuki » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:01 pm

I think this is the best place for suggestions, at least for now.

You remind me of all the time I spent trying to figure out a way to use our old website to list the stores (and updating it as they opened, moved, or closed). Ugh. I'll put a sticky post up next week.

What would be your preferred Community Calendar format?

Board Games!

Adesazz

Postby Adesazz » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Thank you! Yessss. That's really where Design Night belongs, if we're being honest. Will you move it?

My previous thoughts exactly, "How hard could it be to keep up with a few brick & mortars, really?" But I suppose that's what makes an up-to-date one valuable. You had to be the one to tell everyone about the new Gamer Utopia, this would just formalize the process. That said, it may not be worth it. If GU themselves won't get around to updating Google Maps why should we bother? Would any of you use a "Url You Can Trust(tm)" to point people to for store/event directions?

Adesazz

Postby Adesazz » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:46 pm

You buying my calendar argument? This is the best I've seen: http://checkmategames.biz/events/ Bonus points if it's easily embeddable in a fb post.

Again, I don't know if this is going to get used. Might be a good format for getting the word out, might not.

Pikabuki
Name: Emily

Postby Pikabuki » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:21 am

That is a nice calendar. Hopefully Taylor or Chris can let you know, although I wouldn't expect a response until after Glitch Con.

The problem with the store page was the format I was told to use (some silly plugin for listing merchandise in a store).

Vie
Name:

Postby Vie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Our first point of order is to clean things up from the hack that happened a few weeks ago.

I will look into the calender idea after that.

Return to “Non-RPG Discussion”