Newbie-est of all newbs

AvgBonnie
Name: Ron

Newbie-est of all newbs

Postby AvgBonnie » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:40 pm

Hey all,
I have always had an interest in D&D but I was always held back: 1. not having anyone to play with or 2. having that stigma of being labeled a nerd (as an adult I can give 2 flying farts about labels and what people think of me). Now as an adult I want to get into D&D but now I dont have anyone to play with, that AND I have no idea how to play. I dont have any kind of D&D knowledge. I would like to find a group of people who will be willing to not only show me the ropes but be able to explain to me everything that is D&D. I get that noobies can be frustrating and obnoxious especially with all the questions that can and will be asked. If there is such a group out there who can help, please. I wouldnt mind sitting in and watching how a quest is done and sitting behind the game master and ask them the questions. Please Obi-Wan your my only hope? Wrong fandom sorry but someone please help

A hopeful/future white wizard (if thats still a class)

Chrono
Name: Joshua

Re: Newbie-est of all newbs

Postby Chrono » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Hello and welcome! Sorry for the late response from anyone on the board. Holidays and all that!

Check out our Facebook group NWA RPG. People have been posting there about groups looking for players.

I would also highly recommend the monthly Game Days every 3rd Saturday. We always have someone running newbie-friendly RPGs, and D&D is a popular choice. It is a good way to learn games and meet other people interested in playing!

AvgBonnie
Name: Ron

Postby AvgBonnie » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:21 pm

Thanks I sent a request and hoping I can bring my....uniqueness (?) into D&D

noschva
Name: Bill Mills

Postby noschva » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:51 am

Email me. I am discussing DMing (or running) 2 different groups currently. I have been gaming off and on for 30 years, but about 10 years ago started "converting" my wife and some of her friends who had NO experience.

noschva@gmail.com

Are you a reader of fantasy books? Where does your interest lay?

Return to “Looking for a Game”