Here There Be Dragons

The world is old and yet vastly unexplored. Elves, Dwarves, and other races have kept to themselves. But something is stirring on the edges of civilization. Something vast and dangerous. Now is the time to adventure and store up wealth, while it is still safer to do so.
Chrono
Name: Joshua

Here There Be Dragons

Postby Chrono » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:31 pm

A few folks on the Facebook group were interested in starting up a 5e D&D campaign. I do have some experience running these, so here is my little advertisement for you to consider. :)

"I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging," -Gandalf the Grey

I would love to run a Homebrew setting of D&D 5e starting at 1st level and going on for as long as we can. Hoping to start up after the holiday season for a bi-weekly game. Thursday nights and Saturdays work best for me, but I am open to discussing more specifics once we have established who all is interested.

The campaign itself needs 3-5 players to stay balanced. The world is old, with many ruins/temples/dungeons to explore. Each race has at least one main nation or kingdom, similar to what you find in LOTR but with many foreigners settling into large cities. I do not have a TON of details planned because I want to really sit down with the players and map out some details together.

Along those same lines, I plan to start of with a balanced mix of encounter types: combat, exploration, roleplaying, and puzzle solving. I am hoping to cater a more specific style based on what the group actually wants after we all get a little experience playing together.

All you really need to play is a character sheet and a copy of the PHB (Player's Handbook). if you want to bring your own dice, note paper, and other materials then feel free. Honestly, you can borrow my copy of the PHB for character creation if you want to hold off on buying your own.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I would love to get everything set before the end of the year if possible so we know what we are getting ourselves into.

leahbug13
Name: Leah

Re: Here There Be Dragons

Postby leahbug13 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:42 pm

Okay, I'm officially on :) Again, just for formality - my husband and I are down! We just need to get together and figure out dates post holiday!

juju2112
Name: Donald

Postby juju2112 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Any idea who's going to play what? I was thinking either Wizard or Rogue.

mattford
Name: Matt

Postby mattford » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:36 pm

I have a dragonborn paladin concept rolled up. And a couple of other ideas percolating.

Christopher
Name: Christopher

Postby Christopher » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:43 am

Hope your game goes well. I've had a ton of fun using the 5e ruleset.

Chrono
Name: Joshua

Postby Chrono » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:07 pm

Just a reminder, we are meeting at 2pm in the Bentonville Library on Saturday 12/10. Bring any character sheets you have been working on. We will be finalizing characters, making sure everything fits together with the party and the world, and talking about how the campaign will begin.

I highly recommend you watch some episodes of Critical Role if you have not started already. Many OOC references to this show will be made. :ugeek:

Return to “Here There Be Dragons”