Character Creation Rules

The world is old and yet vastly unexplored. Elves, Dwarves, and other races have kept to themselves. But something is stirring on the edges of civilization. Something vast and dangerous. Now is the time to adventure and store up wealth, while it is still safer to do so.
Chrono
Name: Joshua

Character Creation Rules

Postby Chrono » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:31 pm

If you want to roll up a character before we get together, or experiment with several to help narrow down your choices, the Player’s Handbook has everything you need to get started. I do have some personal tweaks to those rules, mostly where the book uses words like “Optional” or offers several choices. So here they are, along with an explanation in case you care why I do things this way.

• When rolling your stats, use 5d6 and drop the lowest 2 dice. For example: 6,4,3,3,3,1 will give you a score of 13. Do this 6 times to get 6 different scores, and assign them to any of your 6 ability scores that you wish. This method gives everyone a better chance of a good power-level character while still leaving things to chance.

• I do use Feats in 5th edition, so (for example) when the Human race feature gives you 2 options for racial bonuses (+1 to all ability scores or +1 to 2 of them and a feat), you pick one of those options and mark, so we all know, what option you took. Later feats will be an option for level ups, but you can also choose the ability score bonuses instead.

• You can take any class, background, spell, or other feature published by Wizards of the Coast for 5e D&D. If you take anything that is not from the core Player’s Handbook, just let me know where you got it from. There will also be some of my own custom options, which I will include below. Nothing extra special about them. I just like to overwhelm my players with options. :)

• Most every background provides you with a pouch of gold coins/points. Before the game starts, you can spend that gold to purchase additional equipment that you would rather have than starting money.

• Suggested characteristics are just that: suggestions for your character’s characteristics. You get rewarded for playing to them, so pick ones that fit your character. You can choose whichever you want. Only roll if you want it to be random. And if you do not find one in your background that you want, you are allowed to make it up instead.

• Page 150 and 151 of the Player’s Handbook has a table for starting trinkets. You may, if you wish, roll a d100 and add that trinket to your starting gear.

• Last, but not least, I do not run evil campaigns or allow evil characters. Your character can indulge in any or all of the 7 deadly sins and play up tragic flaws as you wish, but their alignment needs to be Good or Neutral. I have no preferences on Chaotic or Lawful.
Last edited by Chrono on Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrono

Non-Human Half Breed

Postby Chrono » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:03 pm

Requirement: Not Human

Humans tend to be the most able to bear children with a parent of another race, but there are on rare occasions children born of two races who do not have human blood in their veins. Such children are rarely appreciated by their society and often have to learn how to make their own way in the world.

Skill Proficiencies: Deception, Survival
Tool Proficiencies: One Artisan’s tools of your choice or a Forgery Kit
Languages: One language appropriate to your sub-race heritage (see Background Feature below)

Equipment:
A drawing of your family drawn as a child, two hooded cloaks, set of traveler’s clothes, your choice of one artisan’s tools or a forgery kit, and a pouch containing 5 gold.

Background Feature: Of Two Races
Alter your height, weight, age, and physical appearance to be a blend of your two races. You choose one race to get the racial benefits from and a sub-race of the other race to get your sub-race benefits from. Because of your unique heritage, you are more likely to be known among the peoples of your respective races. You cannot be denied entry or attendance because you are not “one of us” and may, upon the GM’s discretion, have the opportunity to pursue titles and other benefits among either race.

Suggested Characteristics
1d8 Personality
1) I do not trust societies. Only individuals have the ability to be kind and good.
2) I am a unique individual and get upset when that is not understood.
3) I often pretend I am a pure-blood of my mother’s(or father’s) race, despite the obvious differences.
4) I tend to be self conscious about my abnormalities and will shy away from the subject.
5) I enjoy saying and doing things that will shock people.
6) I often talk with a slur as my tongue is not quite the right shape for my mouth.
7) I ask a lot of questions about the cultures of the various places I visit.
8) I get in a lot of fights when people make fun of me, but its ok because I usually win.

1d6 Ideal
1) Equality. Every person is born of equal value into this world. (Good)
2) Free Thinking. Inquiry and curiosity are the pillars of progress. (Chaotic)
3) Logic. Emotions must not cloud our sense of what is right and true, or our logical thinking. (Lawful)
4) People. I’m committed to the people I care about, not to ideals. (Neutral)
5) Freedom. Everyone should be free to pursue his or her own livelihood. (Chaotic)
6) Destiny. Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling. (Any)

1d6 Bond
1) One person was able to see the real me. I will do anything for that person.
2) One parent left when I was young. I am searching for a way to find them.
3) My mother died giving birth to me. My life honors her memory.
4) I pursue wealth and fame to secure someone’s love.
5) Someday I will return to my hometown and prove that I am better than anyone else there.
6) I have a pure-blooded half-sibling that I did not get along with. One day I will make amends.

1d6 Flaw
1) I am quick to assume that someone is being judgmental of me.
2) I like to drown my low self-esteem in cheap drink and affordable companionship.
3) I let my need to win arguments overshadow harmony and diplomacy.
4) I secretly believe that I am a master race quality being.
5) I never had nice things growing up and have a hard time not hoarding.
6) I would make a deal with any being to become a whole being rather than two halves of one.

Chrono

Mage-Tower Drop Out

Postby Chrono » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Requirement: None

There are several colleges of arcane study throughout the world, at least one for every major race able to manipulate the energies of the world. Students commit to a life of study and achievement, or at least that is the ideal. You did not live up to this potential and were asked to leave. Or perhaps you chose to seek a life outside of the tower on your own.

Skill Proficiencies: Arcana, History
Tool Proficiencies: Thieves’ Tools
Languages: Draconic

Equipment: Three blank scrolls, a quill, one vial of ink, a magically sealed book, your choice of either a set of thieves’ tools or a components pouch, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gold

Background Feature: Arcane Senses Tingling
Having spent so much time around powerful arcane experiments growing up, you have developed a sort of sixth sense that warns you when powerful magic forces are at work nearby. The manifestation of this sense is something small (a twitch in your nose, a tingling sensation in your spine, or a hiccup in your breath for example). This sense does not give you any details about the magic, such as direction or actual power level, but it is never wrong about the proximity. Note that passive magic, such as arcane traps, may still require a skill check.

1d8 Personality
1) Whoever said wizards were stuffy old men with no sense of humor clearly never met me.
2) I know that I am a genius no matter what anyone else says.
3) I am always careful not to hurt innocent people.
4) There is not much I would not give up to learn a secret behind a locked door.
5) I prefer flashy appearances and stylish moves so people will notice me.
6) I often whisper vague warnings to people, trying to steer them from harm without changing them.
7) I am a stickler for courtesy and manners, looking down my nose at people that lack proper decency.
8) Just because they are after me does not make me paranoid.

1d6 Ideal
1) Wonder. When you use magic for good, it points us beyond itself toward what is possible. (Good)
2) No Limits. Anything is possible if you take the time to work out how to do it. (Chaotic)
3) Natural Order. There are universal rules that cannot be broken, and no one should try. (Lawful)
4) People. I like to impress people with my talents so they will flatter me. (Neutral)
5) Free Thinking. Inquiry and curiosity are the pillars of progress. (Chaotic)
6) Aspiration. I am determined to make something of myself. (Any)

1d6 Bond
1) One of my old teachers still writes me letters to check in on me. I miss them.
2) I have one book from the tower that I kept. It is more precious to me than my own life.
3) I feel like I was born in the wrong age, that the people who built those arcane ruins would get me.
4) I still have a lover back at the tower, and one day they will realize that they should have left with me.
5) I come from a long line of successful mages. My family all but disowned me when I dropped out.
6) My friends have accepted me when no one else would. This is where I belong.

1d6 Flaw
1) When someone bests me with magic, I lose all courage and try to flee.
2) I never know when to give up.
3) I consider locked doors and boxes to be open invitations.
4) I must write down everything I hear so that I do not forget it.
5) I speak without thinking, often confusing or insulting the people I talk to.
6) I never bother worrying about the consequences my actions will have on strangers.

Chrono

Loving Home Life

Postby Chrono » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:18 pm

You were raised by parents that love you and have always cared for you. Even when you are away, you are still in your family’s thoughts and prayers. The world might not always be kind to you, but the love your family shared with you helps to get you through the hard times.

Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Persuasion
Tool Proficiencies: One Gaming Kit and one Musical Instrument of your choice

Equipment: One extra rations pack, one extra water skin, a bucket, a sewing kit, a set of common clothes and a set of traveling clothes, a letter to a distant relative in a big city, a vial of antitoxin, and 5 gold

Background Feature: Care Packages
Your family tends to send you little things to help you deal with homesickness that comes with the life of adventuring. Whenever you are in a location that your parents could expect you to be, you may receive a gift from home sent through the mail. Packages may include money, clothing, home-made goods, letters, food, and/or occasional surprise items.

1d8 Personality
1) I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won’t feed your stomach.
2) I am driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home
3) There’s nothing I like more than a good mystery.
4) I am horribly awkward in social situations.
5) Nothing is more important to me than my family and my closest friends.
6) I am living the dream that my parents wished they had lived in their youth.
7) I don’t part with my money easily and will do without comforts if I think I can manage.
8) I am looking to make a name for myself and encourage people to remember me.

1d6 Ideal
1) Greater Good. It is each person’s responsibility to bring the most happiness back to their family. (Good)
2) Change. What was good for us 100 years ago may not be good for us now. (Chaotic)
3) Fairness. No one should get preferential treatment before the law, and no one is above the law. (Lawful)
4) Sincerity. There is no good to come from pretending to be something that I am not. (Neutral)
5) Destiny I wanna be the very best, like no one else ever was. (Any)
6) Family. Blood runs thicker than water, wine, or anything else flowy. (Any)

1d6 Bond
1) I will face any challenge to make my family proud of me.
2) My sibling ran away from home, and when I find them I will bring them back.
3) Somewhere out in this world is my one and only destined true love.
4) I will find the thief that stole from my father and make them pay dearly.
5) I have a hero that I aspire to be like and hopefully one day meet face to face.
6) My childhood friend was sold into slavery years ago. Nothing will stop me from getting them back.

1d6 Flaw
1) I am a sucker for a pretty face.
2) Once I stop drinking, I find it hard to stop.
3) I follow instructions from people I respect, even if I don’t approve of them.
4) I still have nightmares about the first monster I ever saw in person.
5) I shout and stomp a lot to compensate for my lack of courage.
6) I am apparently very naïve, whatever that means.

Chrono

Secluded Forest Villager

Postby Chrono » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:52 pm

You grew up in a small self-sufficient community where everyone worked together to survive. Everyone had a vital role to play, and that necessity bred trust and caring with each other. There were also many stories about the magical things that lived in your forest.
Skill Proficiencies: Nature, Animal Handling
Tool Proficiencies: Herbalism Kit
Languages: Sylvan
Equipment: A dead pixie inside a clear glass bottle, herbalism kit, a set of travel clothes, a map of an unknown location with elvish runes, a small box of animal treats, a pet baby fox, and a leather pouch containing 5 gold

Edit: Baby Fox Stats Tiny beast, unaligned
Armor Class 11
Hit Points 1 (1d4 - 1)
Speed 15 feet
STR | DEX | CON | INT | WIS | CHA
3 (-4) 13 (+1) 8 (-1) 4 (-3) 10 (+0) 8 (-1)
Skills Perception: +1, Stealth +2 Senses darkvision 30 ft., passive Perception 11
Keen Smell The baby fox has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 piercing damage.

Background Feature: Fairy Tale Forester
You have grown up in a village that shares its forest with creatures of a magical nature. When you encounter a creature of fey origin that normally dwells in a forest, it will fight its natural instinct (flee, hide, attack, trick, eat, etc.) and instead try to interact with you. This does not change the creature’s attitude towards you, but it does always give you a chance to make a good first impression.

Suggested Characteristics
1d8 Personality
1) I like to play tricks on people. Mostly harmless little things.
2) I giggle a lot at my own thoughts, whether the timing is appropriate or not.
3) I am quiet and graceful, like a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
4) Don’t worry. All the voices in my head tell me to do nice things for other people.
5) I live each day with passion and boldness. It could always be my last day to live.
6) I am the moral compass of my group because I care so much about them.
7) I use a lot of Sylvan words in conversation because I think they sound better than Common.
8) I wear my heart

1d6 Ideal
1) Generosity. I have a special gift that I am traveling to share with the world. (Good)
2) Freedom. No one should be allowed to oppress the little people. (Chaotic)
3) Fairness. I judge people based not on words or appearances but rather what they do. (Lawful)
4) Gentleness. The worst thing you can do to someone is force your beliefs on them. (Neutral)
5) Change. The righteous will be lifted up, and the corrupt are eventually brought down. (Lawful)
6) Adventure. There is a whole world out there, just begging to be explored. (Any)

1d6 Bond
1) I have a friend in a bottle that helps keep me safe.
2) My village is my home, and I will fight to defend it.
3) The old stories and fairytales are the core of my reality.
4) My animal companion is a truer friend than any human has ever been.
5) I have a star in the sky that I have claimed as my own, and I wish on it every night.
6) I will do whatever it takes to earn back the respect of my village.

1d6 Flaw
1) I am easily distracted by pretty shiny things.
2) I cannot keep a secret to save my own life, much less yours.
3) I cannot help but pick up and fiddle with things, which occasionally break.
4) I have no respect for other people’s boundaries.
5) I always change the subject when I am asked an uncomfortable question.
6) I am very gullible and easily conned.
Last edited by Chrono on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrono

Grave Keeper

Postby Chrono » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:00 pm

You worked in one of the many crypts of the world, helping the dead on their way to the next life. You served the head undertaker in preparing bodies for funerals, digging or carving out resting places, participating in a variety of funeral traditions, and helping families accept the loss of loved ones.

Skill Proficiencies: Performance, Medicine
Tool Proficiencies: Disguise Kit
Languages: Celestial

Equipment: A disguise kit (makeup kit for the dead), 5 incense sticks, a book of various funeral rights for various races (with translations into common), a set of dark robes, a set of common clothes, a shovel, a holy symbol, a pouch containing 15 gold

Background Feature: Sending the Dead
Death reaches all races, no matter how long their lifespan. You have connections with local monasteries, funeral homes, crypts, graveyards, tombs, and temples dedicated to the dead. You can always find a potential ally at one of these places whenever you arrive at a new location. You may be asked to help manage the dead at times, or those that are not staying dead.

Recommended Characteristics
1d8 Personality
1) I talk a lot about death and dying, often at inappropriate times.
2) I am the most upbeat, positive, cheerful person you will ever meet.
3) I ask a lot of personal questions about people.
4) I worry that people are secretly disgusted by what I do.
5) I am always encouraging my friends to follow a new deity or encouraging their existing faith in one.
6) I am a bit of a clean freak and keep several handkerchiefs in my pockets.
7) I see the world in black and white. People that see greys just cannot understand the big picture.
8) I like to flirt around with everyone I meet. Nothing serious. I just like to have fun.

1d6 Ideal
1) Hope. I believe that when we die with good hearts, we all go to a better place. (Good)
2) Choice. The only limits we have are the ones we place on ourselves. (Chaotic)
3) Justice. Everyone will get what they deserve in the end. (Lawful)
4) People. I will always take care of people that are good to me. (Neutral)
5) Destiny. We are who we were born to be, and nothing will ever change that. (Lawful)
6) Joy. Laughter is the best medicine you can give someone. (Any)

1d6 Bond
1) I owe a debt I cannot repay to a stranger that was once kind to me.
2) I idolize the priest that trained me and constantly praise them to others.
3) I despise necromancers and anyone else that enslaves the dead.
4) I chose this profession because I was rejected by someone I loved.
5) I friends need me, and that keeps me here in this world.
6) My dear grandmother still watches over me from the other side.

1d6 Flaw
1) I have an unhealthy obsession with a specific type of undead.
2) Children make a lot more sense to me than grownups.
3) I have drunkenly blabbed the secret crimes of the dead to many a tavern crowd.
4) I really enjoy freaking people out about how I fix up dead bodies.
5) Grave robbing is only a sin if you were not the one burying the body.
6) I tend to overindulge in the good things of life whenever I can.

Chrono

Druid Circle: Circle of Summoners

Postby Chrono » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:51 pm

This circle is made up of the sages that reach out to the spirit world. Crafted to guide the world on its original path, these druids are both masters and servants of the great forces of the multiverse.

Level 2 Bonus: Conjure Aid
Your affinity with the natural realm has given you eager allies. You gain the Conjure Aid cantrip which allows you to summon a challenge rating 0 beast or plant to an unoccupied space next to you. The creature acts at the end of your turns and lasts a number of turns equal to your CHA modifier before it returns to its native plane.

Level 2 Feature: Summoner’s Imagination

You are the bridge between worlds and a beacon for those beyond the veil. When you choose this circle for your Druid, all spells of the Conjuration School that require concentration are considered “Druid” spells for you.

In addition, choose one of the following damage types: acid, cold, fire, lightning, necrotic, poison, or radiant. When you conjure a creature with a spell, you can choose to give that creature resistance to your chosen type. The creature’s attack damage is also replaced with the new type. You may choose a new type at levels 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, and 20. A summoned creature can only benefit from one energy type alteration from this feature.

Level 6 Feature: Summoner’s Heart
Your conjured creatures are stronger than most, for they are forged from a part of you as well. Whenever you use a spell to summon a creature, you may expend a level 1 spell slot in addition to whatever slot you used for the spell to add your CHA bonus to its attacks and increase its max HP by (your level x the creatures CR rating). When you reach level 14, this feature is automatically added without expending the additional spell slot.

Level 10 Feature: Summoner’s Will
By moving your focus from your own body to your summoned creature, you are able to enhance their full power. On your turn, you may forfeit your move and action in order to give one creature you have summoned an immediate action. If you do this, you may use your bonus action to move 5 feet.

Level 14 Feature: Grand Summoning
All magic has life, and all spirits are birthed from the ancient energies. When you cast a spell, you may instead choose to spend one of your wild shape uses to summon a living manifestation of that spell. You and the DM decide what form the spell takes, based on a humanoid or beast tiny to large size.

A living spell summoned by you in this way is treated as any other summon that acts on its own initiative. It can only cast its spell for its action, but it can do so a number of times equal to your CHA modifier. If the spell does damage, it is immune to that type. Otherwise it is immune to nonmagical damage. Its AC is equal to your spell save DC, and its HP is equal to your WIS score + your CHA score + your Druid level. All other stats are equal to your own or a creature it is based off of, your choice.

Chrono

Illimon Survivor

Postby Chrono » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:40 pm

The human empire fell, and much of their progressive technology was banished. Those of you that survived the destruction wander the world without a home. Some hope to find their place in the world, while others seek to carve it out for themselves.

Proficiencies:
Medicine, Persuasion, Jewler’s kit, and one game set of your choice

Starting Equipment:
A jeweler’s kit, one game set of your choice, a small wooden carving of an owlbear, a small clockwork toy that can find north, a set of fine clothes, and a belt pouch containing 20 gp.

Background Feature:
You have survived this long as a wanderer because you are good at finding food where there should be none to share. While in a center of civilization such as a village or city, you can always find enough to eat and drink for yourself. Caravans and gypsies are naturally friendly towards you as a kindred spirit.

Suggested Personality Traits:

1) I can use flattering poetry to make anyone feel like the most wonderful important person ever.
2) People love me for my gentle kindness and generosity.
3) I am better off than anyone else, despite my circumstances.
4) My friendship, once lost, is lost forever.
5) I keep a mental list of every face and name of every person that has been kind to me.
6) I am a blank slate, eager to become a master piece for others to admire.

Suggested Ideals:

1) HAPPINESS. Life needs things to live. (Neutral)
2) KINSHIP. We are kin. We have to look out for each other. (Good)
3) RESPONSIBILITY. I was taught to respect authority, both above and below my own. (Lawful)
4) POWER. If I could obtain more power, no one would be able to refuse me. (Evil)
5) INDEPENDENCE. The loss of an empire is a blessing. No one can tell us what to do. (Chaotic)
6) SERENTITY. I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar. (Any)

Suggested Bonds:
1) I lost my family in the disaster. I would do anything to find them again.
2) I promised to protect someone, and that promise is all I have left to live for.
3) I can only rely on myself. Everyone else is just temporarily useful.
4) My best friend is dependable and wise. I will follow them to the end.
5) I must continue my family’s bloodline. No one else is left to do so.
6) Someone took advantage of the disaster to ruin my family. They will suffer tenfold.

Suggested Flaws:

1) I secretly believe that everyone is beneath me.
2) My actions justify people’s bad opinions of my lost homeland.
3) I have an insatiable desire for carnal pleasures and exotic vices.
4) I smile when I am insulted, and I continue to smile when I punch the offender.
5) Sometimes I pretend to have an injured foot just so someone will hug/carry me.
6) I would never admit it out loud, but I would leave my party to die to preserve my own life.

Chrono

Secret Keeper

Postby Chrono » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:41 pm

There is a long monastic tradition of people keeping the secrets of the ancient world, or that is what you were told when you joined. You have no knowledge of what the tattoos on your body actually say, but you assume some dark or powerful secret is hidden on you that must never be learned or forgotten.

Proficiencies: Stealth, Religion, tattoo tools, and you know the Celestial language.

Starting Equipment:
A tattoo toolkit with needles and ink, journal from our mentor, winter blanket, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 5 gp.

Background Feature:
You are welcome into the temples and shrines of the Secret Keepers, which are normally impossible for outsiders to enter. In addition, you carry with you a secret that you may one day choose to unleash upon the world if the need and means to do so ever present themselves.

1) I find that the easiest way to keep a secret is to rarely speak at all.
2) I try to make up for people’s fear and ignorance with my witty sense of humor.
3) I am very picky about the foods and drinks that I take into my body.
4) I am working on a grand philosophical theory and love bouncing my ideas off of others.
5) I am always utterly serene, even in the face of disaster and uncertainty.
6) There is much about the world that I do not understand, so I am constantly asking questions.

Suggested Ideals:
1) UNITY. We are all incomplete and imperfect when we are alone. (Good)
2) FREE THINKING. Inquiry and curiosity are the pillars of discovery and progress. (Chaotic)
3) SECRECY. Knowledge is power that must be kept from the masses. (Evil)
4) FAITH. I trust that a higher power guides my actions. (Lawful)
5) NATURE. Anything that should happen will happen, as it always does. (Neutral)
6) SELF AWARENESS. If you know yourself, you know all there is to know. (Any)

Suggested Bonds:
1) I have a twin out in the world somewhere. We each think the other is the evil one.
2) I would give my life to know the secret that I carry on my body.
3) Everything I do is for the unaware common people.
4) My parents have never forgiven me for leaving home, and I will never forgive their rejection.
5) The people that I mark are my legacy, and each tattoo is a part of my soul shared with them.
6) Somewhere out there is someone with the other half of this tattoo on my arm.

Suggested Flaws:

1) I once tattooed someone’s entire torso without permission.
2) I am always right, even if I have been proven wrong.
3) I judge others too harshly, and secretly myself the harshest of all.
4) I harbor dark bloodthirsty thoughts that my mentor failed to quell entirely.
5) I would risk the lives of my friends to uncover the secrets of my mark.
6) I enjoy keeping secrets and not sharing them with anyone. Obviously.

Chrono

Monster Hunter

Postby Chrono » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:42 pm

A lot of monsters have spread over the world since the fall of Illimon, and even trained soldiers are ill equipped to handle them. That’s where you come in. Dedicating your life to the hunt, you have roamed unfathomable wild lands to take down the beasts and horrors that would wipe out most civilizations if they were free to do as they pleased.

Proficiencies: Nature, Arcana. You also learn to use 2 artisan tools of your choice.

Starting Equipment: Ivory walking stick, amulet with your symbol, fur cloak, a set of traveling clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

Background Feature: You have dedicated your life to hunting monsters, and a big part of that is understanding what makes them dangerous. You have a reputation as a monster hunter, with all the opinions that people have about that profession focused towards you. When crafting gear and items, you can use parts from beasts, monstrosities, aberrations, and dragons.

1) I am driven by a wanderlust that has pulled me away from any semblance of a home.
2) I have a lesson for every situation based off of something I have hunted.
3) I place no stock in wealth or manners. Neither can save you from a hungry owlbear.
4) I feel more comfortable around animals than people.
5) I often make the mistake of observing how to kill something out loud.
6) Life is short. If I don’t pursue happiness today, I may not live long enough to try again.

Suggested Ideals:
1) GREATER GOOD. Everyone is responsibile to do what they can to make the world better. (Good)
2) MIGHT. The mighty hunt, and the weak are hunted. (Evil)
3) NATURE. Civilizations come and go, but nature will endure forever. (Neutral)
4) COMMUNITY. We are small parts in the great wheel of civilization. (Lawful)
5) PLEASURE. Those that face the darkness are due their coping techniques. (Chaotic)
6) GLORY. I must earn glory in the hunt for myself and my home. (Any)

Suggested Bonds:
1) There is a guild I have always wanted to join, and one day I will be worthy to do so.
2) One day I will go back to my mentor and prove that I have always been the better hunter.
3) I am obsessed with hunting a specific creature I hunted that very nearly killed me.
4) I have a child somewhere that has never met me. I am making the world safer for them.
5) I ran away from an unwanted arranged marriage, and they are still pursuing me.
6) There are only a few people I would be willing to die for, and I am traveling with them now.

Suggested Flaws:
1) I assume the opposite gender exists solely for procreation and parenting purposes.
2) There is no room for caution in a life lived to its fullest.
3) ALE!!!!
4) I am completely uncivilized, and I make no apology for it to anyone.
5) I bottle up my feelings and never speak my mind. My weapon is my only means of expression.
6) Once I become fixed on a hunt, nothing can turn me away from it.

Return to “Here There Be Dragons”