Favorite Board Games of 2015

Vie
Name:
Favorite Board Games of 2015

Postby Vie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:04 pm

Wondering what everyone's favorite board games they played in 2015.

My favorite was Ladies and Gentlemen. I absolutely love this game. I love the team work and the different roles each side has. The only thing I don't like is that I have only played it twice.

Chrono
Name: Joshua

Re: Favorite Board Games of 2015

Postby Chrono » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:13 pm

I would honestly have to say Dead of Winter for the amazing story moments with everyone having their own agenda. Arabian Nights would be a close second, though.

Vie
Name:

Postby Vie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:53 pm

Dead of Winter is one of my favorites for the year and was my favorite till about last month. I am excited to see what other games they produce. I enjoy the story element and cooperative feel (with a hint of traitor).

Pikabuki
Name: Emily

Postby Pikabuki » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:09 am

Burgle Bros. is mine. It's tense, thematic, classy-looking, and clever. Each time we've won it's felt like we earned it; each loss makes me want to play again.

The designer--Tim Fowers--is also responsible for the fantastic Paperback.

Fandris
Name: Jonathan Abbott

Postby Fandris » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:56 am

Pandemic Legacy has been my favorite gaming experience of this year. Loved the game, and it has given me hours of fun. Still have half a campaign to play through with my second group.

T.I.M.E. Stories has also made a huge impact on me. I haven't stopped thinking about it for the last like 9 hours since I played the initial scenario. I think the game is really going to shine as I play some of the other scenarios though, so I'm gonna let that one be considered a 2016 game, because the next few months will see the various other scenarios released.

EDIT: I'm still thinking about it, like 30+ hours later. Can't wait to play the Marcy Case.
Last edited by Fandris on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Chaz
Name: Chaz

Postby The Chaz » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:21 pm

Codenames! Won't be surprised if it's game of the year in the major awarding entities. I've logged 51 plays since early September. It works with almost every group. Major hit over Xmas.

Spyfall could have been a contender, but the rule book is just so stupid. They should have developed the game more. I don't think I'll ever play the rules "as written", and the online versions (even on the phone) make the cardboard version all but obsolete.

TIME Stories was an amazing experience. While it also struggles with a rough rule book, I would put TS in the top ten game experiences that every gamer needs to have. Can't wait to play Marcy.

Pandemic Legacy - I had the honor of playing with Jabbott, and it was awesome! Usually I'm not a huge co-op fan, but Pandemic Legacy was one of the most immersive experiences! Wish I could find another group wanting to play.

Between Two Cities was purchased (backed) almost on a whim. I felt like I needed to own at least *one* Stonemaier Game, so I backed based off publisher reputation (and a few interactions with the designers). This game is always with me now. It works with 3-7 in under 20 minutes, and I can teach it in one minute. Have logged about twenty plays in the last few months.

Qwixx. Joe (from Siloam) gave me a lightly used copy this summer, which I brought to family vacation. We burned through the score pad, so now I've got another copy and laminated the score sheets. It's super easy to learn and play, and I appreciate the smaller progress that each player can make even when it's not their turn. And while not *technically* a 2015 release, there are two alternate score tracks released this year that I laminated and have played extensively.

Return to “Board Games”