Episode One: Finders Keepers

A post-apocalypse dystopia setting using the Dresden Files RPG system. Something very bad happened to the world we knew, and now the survivors are trying to deal with what is left. The game focuses on consequences and hard choices in a tough-but-fair open world that can be pillaged, explored, and hopefully rebuilt.
Chrono
Name: Joshua

Episode One: Finders Keepers

Postby Chrono » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:26 pm

Ever had one of those games where you set up plans for the party's first session, carefully plan out the introduction you want for key NPCs and locations that you and the group planned together, and then the party starts the game by leaving town? :)

Just a quick recap of what happened while it is still fresh on my mind. Rix got a note from an adorable kid courier riding a big dog that said something was stolen and someone was in town. Sam came over and ate garlic bread and garbage. Elan also came over as well and talked everyone into leaving the city with him so that they could look for more magic artifacts.

On the way out of town, they were hit with a passive psychic attack from a Crusader headed to meet with Elijah's parents. Elijah kept up the veil, but felt a bit more paranoid after that.

When they were on their way out of the northern gate, Elijah picked a pocket of a guard and got a silver key with a cryptic coded note. Further out, a raven landed on Sam's head. Sam knocked it away with his horns, and the raven (speaking English) angrily flew off. The group gave chase but lost it under the trees and ended up on a beach.

Elan found a locket in the sand and picked it up, but 5 pixies came and stole it (along with his ankh and Elijah's note). Sam killed the purple pixie, turning it into pixie dust (which he ate). We did mention that Sam is a goat-were, right?

Everyone got their stuff back (as well as a fancy conch shell). They caught the green pixie and interrogated her. Sam learned her true name, and Elan opened his site to examine the conch shell. It was a traumatic experience, and he warned everyone else to never EVER blow into the conch shell like a trumpet.

With trauma spread all around, the group decided to avoid the people coming up the beach and head for the museum that was their original goal.
Last edited by Chrono on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrono

Re: Episode One: Finders Keepers

Postby Chrono » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:46 pm

Oh right. Elan stepped on a frog and popped it at one point. That's going to be important later.

JollyJackal
Name: Jake

Postby JollyJackal » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:34 pm

I MAY have totally forgotten what our major locations were supposed to be, so I just picked something to do :-D Sorry about that. I'm sure we'll be back to town soon, and Bethany can share in our introductions to all that :-D Don't forget that Elan REALLY likes this locket. Like, a lot. And there was another bad thing that happened to me that I can't think of right now... Gonna have to dig out my character sheet :-D Dang frogs. Always causing problems!

Chrono

Postby Chrono » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:52 pm

No worries. It just means I have an adventure prepared in advance. :ugeek:

And I haven't forgotten about his obsession with the locket. :twisted:

Return to “What Happens After”